cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dear community, did anyone ever try to use FlexNet Manager Platform's API to extract inventory data and pull it to external systems? (e.g. CMDB)

I have discovered some info on this topic, in particular the 9.2.3 installation package includes the WebAPI description (it's methods and properties). But I am not sure if it can help to extract the inventory data.

I'd rather use the SQL database as the data source, but that doesn't work for the on-demand (SaaS) version of FNMS. Any ideas who or what should I look for?
(7) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
Hi grigory.gryazev,

Welcome to the community!

You could consider an approach like:

[LIST=1]
  • Configure report(s) that expose the data to be exported.
  • Call the GetCustomView method to retrieve the report data.

The following sample PowerShell script illustrates calling GetCustomView (see attachment.)

One thing to be careful of is the volume of data returned. This reporting interface is not really intended to be used to return massive amounts of data, so (for example) you may run in to problems if you are going to try to extract details of all installations of applications on inventory devices throughout your organization.

Chris @ Flexera
  • (Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)
    Hi grigory.gryazev and Chris,

Were you able to get the GetCustomView to work? Do you need to have any other Flexera products installed to get this to work?

Thanks
    Hello ChrisG,

Thank you for this share.
    Just a question, i'm looking to find :
    - BearerToken
    - TenantUID
    - ReportID

I searched on Knowlage Base and forum, but not found these. Same on my FNMS Dashboard.

Maybe, can you help me on this side please ?

In advance, thank you.

Best regards,

@rkaczmarek - take a look at the following post, which is more recent than this thread: Access or Update FNMS Cloud Data using PowerShell

It contains a newer version of the GetCustomView.ps1 script, which includes more details in its help about how to find the values you seek.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)
    @ChrisG

Perfect ! Thank you a lot.
    I just pass out this message.

Have a good day !

Best regards,

I have tired the GetCustomView API I am only getting the partial of the report. I am missing some columns. 

ChrisG
    By Community Manager Community Manager
    Community Manager
    christopher.x.murphy wrote:
    Hi grigory.gryazev and Chris,

Were you able to get the GetCustomView to work? Do you need to have any other Flexera products installed to get this to work?

Thanks

Yes, I am able to get the script working.

It does require a particular term to be include (enabled) in your FlexNet Manager Suite license key that allows the web API to be used - you can verify this by checking that "FNMP API integration enabled: Yes" is shown on the FlexNet Manager Suite license page at http://your-server/Suite/YourFNMPLicense.
    (Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)