cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FlexNet Agent Preference: LogFile (DockerInventory)

Hello,

I didn't find a preference for the latest on-prem agent (2022 R1) for the Docker Inventory log file.

I assume the default value is:

$(CommonAppDataFolder)\log\fnms-docker-monitor.log

For the company-wide troubleshooting we need to change the location of all log files so we did this by modifying all "LogFile" in the mgssetup.ini file. But I was not able to find this preference in the documentation.

Any ideas, please?

Thanks!

Pavol

(1) Solution
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
I believe the path to the log file used by the Docker Monitor process is hard-coded and unfortunately not configurable.

If being able to configure this path would be useful to you, I'd suggest submitting an idea in Flexera Ideas so that others can vote on it to help assess the level of importance.
(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(4) Replies

There is a KB article "FNMS Logging Reference" available.

FlexNet Manager Suite Logging Reference - Community (flexera.com)

The docker log file is also not mentioned there, but info about agent logging.

Thanks Alex but that doesn't answer my question. I'm specifically asking about the Docker Monitor log file which I wasn't able to move from the default location and I need to move it.
I was thinking about changing the

$(CommonAppDataFolder)

but it's not possible according the documentation - it's read-only preference.

ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
I believe the path to the log file used by the Docker Monitor process is hard-coded and unfortunately not configurable.

If being able to configure this path would be useful to you, I'd suggest submitting an idea in Flexera Ideas so that others can vote on it to help assess the level of importance.
(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Oh, I was worried about that. Thanks Chris!