cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Libvirt error on Linux running ndtrack

I'm testing the newest version of the agent, v18.0.0, on our Linux test box and after a successful install I tried running ndtrack to force and inventory scan and it failed with an error stating that there is no directory for libvirt. I looked into it and now understand what libvirt is and I see that this has been posted about in the past, for instance here https://community.flexera.com/t5/FlexNet-Manager-Forum/Libvrtd-error/td-p/147257. However I'm still not sure how to remedy this. Sure this doesn't mean that all Unix based machines with the newest agent require the libvirt API? Or is there a way around this that I'm not seeing?

(1) Solution
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

In the case of the other forum thread you've referred to here, the failure to locate libvirtd daemon didn't cause the inventory gathering or upload to actually fail. Is that similar to what you're seeing, or are you seeing something different from what is shown in that thread?

If you can share any error details appearing in the agent's /var/opt/managesoft/log/tracker.log file that look to be related to this than that may help get more clarity around what is going on in your system.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(3) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

In the case of the other forum thread you've referred to here, the failure to locate libvirtd daemon didn't cause the inventory gathering or upload to actually fail. Is that similar to what you're seeing, or are you seeing something different from what is shown in that thread?

If you can share any error details appearing in the agent's /var/opt/managesoft/log/tracker.log file that look to be related to this than that may help get more clarity around what is going on in your system.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Thanks Chris, you're right - the agent inventory gathering and upload did function properly. I guess I jumped the gun on assuming there was a problem when I saw that error, but I confirmed that the data is now in FNMS. Thanks!

What am I seeing that hardware inventory is missing due to this.  Only below hardware info get inventory.

<Hardware Class="MGS_ExternalAgent" Name="BESClient" Evidence="OS API">
<Property Name="Name" Value="BESClient"/>
<Property Name="Type" Value="BESClient"/>
<Property Name="ID" Value="1079150629"/>
<Property Name="Version" Value="10.0.3.66"/>
</Hardware>
<Hardware Class="MGS_AgentEvent" Name="Generate Inventory" Evidence="Agent State">
<Property Name="Name" Value="Generate Inventory"/>
<Property Name="ID" Value="{de9cddcd-53ac-4796-b02c-f00764f00a1f}"/>
<Property Name="ScheduleModified" Value="20220802T073722Z"/>
<Property Name="TriggerCount" Value="1"/>
</Hardware>
<Hardware Class="MGS_AgentEvent" Name="Update Machine Policy" Evidence="Agent State">
<Property Name="Name" Value="Update Machine Policy"/>
<Property Name="ID" Value="{30c8899c-9eab-4f07-9160-d8610b27f67f}"/>
<Property Name="TriggerCount" Value="4"/>
</Hardware>
<Hardware Class="MGS_AgentEvent" Name="Upload Client Files" Evidence="Agent State">
<Property Name="Name" Value="Upload Client Files"/>
<Property Name="ID" Value="{9cd800db-6301-4901-b1ca-e0a58cf0f706}"/>
<Property Name="TriggerCount" Value="2"/>
</Hardware>