cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firewall openings needed to make Microsoft 365 connector up & running

Hello,

I'm looking for a list of URLs / IP addresses that needs to be opened on proxy to retrieve Office 365 consumption data with Microsoft 365 Adapter (FlexNet Manager Suite 2019 R1 U5).

Unfortunately there is no information placed in FNMSInvAdaptersAndConnectorsReference.pdf regarding that.

One thing I had discovered placed below, but it refers to older version:

https://community.flexera.com/t5/FlexNet-Manager-Knowledge-Base/How-to-configure-Office-365-connector-in-a-proxy-enabled/ta-p/2057

2019-10-10 14:43:21,800 [INFO ]       All retries have been attempted for Reader 'Get Users from Office 365'
2019-10-10 14:43:21,800 [INFO ]       Completed with error in 2 seconds.
2019-10-10 14:43:21,800 [ERROR]     System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it <proxy_ip>:443
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
   at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Exception& exception)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at ManageSoft.Compliance.Importer.Logic.PowerShellDataReader.CheckForPowerShellError()
   at ManageSoft.Compliance.Importer.Logic.PowerShellDataReader.Read()
   at ManageSoft.Compliance.Importer.Serialization.IntermediateWriter.WriteData(XmlWriter xmlWriter)
   at ManageSoft.Compliance.Importer.Serialization.IntermediateWriter.WriteData()
   at ManageSoft.Compliance.Importer.Logic.XML.SourceToTarget.ExecuteReader(IExecutionContext context, ISourceConnection sourceConn, IDataReader reader)
   at ManageSoft.Compliance.Importer.Logic.PublicObjectModel.SourceToImportedTableObject.ExecuteReader(IValidatingDataReader reader, SourceToObject STOObject)
   at ManageSoft.Compliance.Importer.Logic.PublicObjectModel.SourceToObjectImplementation.ExecuteImplementationSQL(IExecutionContext context, SourceToObject sourceToObject)
   at ManageSoft.Compliance.Importer.Logic.XML.Reader.Execute(IExecutionContext context)
   at ManageSoft.Compliance.Importer.Logic.ActionExecuter.ReaderExecuter.ExecuteSingleReader(Reader reader, Int32 procedureOrder, Version sourceDatabaseVersion)
   at ManageSoft.Compliance.Importer.Logic.ActionExecuter.ReaderExecuter.Execute()
   at ManageSoft.Compliance.Importer.Logic.ComplianceImporter.ProcessExecution(ComplianceReader p_ComplianceReader, Tenant p_Tenant, IExecutionContext p_Context)
(2) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

I don't have a precise or complete answer here, but hopefully can at least point you in the right direction. From what I have seen, URLs and connections that Microsoft/Office 365 components make appear to be reasonably complex. Information on the following pages may get you started:

It is likely that only some of the URLs and IP address ranges used by Office 365 in total will be used by the APIs that FlexNet depends on. However I have not found any information from Microsoft which gives insight into which URLs/IP ranges are used by which APIs, so this remains somewhat of a black box as far as I can tell.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)
mag00_75
By Level 8 Champion
Level 8 Champion

I found an interesting thing with one graph call used in Flexera adapter, it returns another adress https://reports.office.com/...

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/api/reportroot-getoffice365activeuserdetail