cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FNMS support for Tanium Asset

By Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

Can anyone let me know if Flexera will be supporting Tanium Asset for both hardware and software inventory, and if so what's the timeline for that? We're looking to replace SCCM entirely with Tanium for all desktop inventory.

Thanks,

Peter

(1) Solution
mfranz
By Level 17 Champion
Level 17 Champion

Hi Peter,

FNMS 2019 R2 Update 01 brings a Tanium connector to FNMS. The pdf documentation states the following

The Tanium Connector, provided by Flexera, allows you to export inventory data from Tanium into FlexNet Manager Suite. Tanium Asset collects a complete inventory of your hardware and software assets for both online and offline devices, including servers, laptops, and desktops.
FlexNet Manager Suite uses the software and hardware inventory data collected from Tanium Asset to calculate license consumption. As always, the inventory records must be recognized by the Application Recognition Library, and you must have the resulting application records linked to the appropriate license, for compliance calculations to proceed.

Best regards,

Markward 

View solution in original post

(8) Replies
mfranz
By Level 17 Champion
Level 17 Champion

Hi Peter,

FNMS 2019 R2 Update 01 brings a Tanium connector to FNMS. The pdf documentation states the following

The Tanium Connector, provided by Flexera, allows you to export inventory data from Tanium into FlexNet Manager Suite. Tanium Asset collects a complete inventory of your hardware and software assets for both online and offline devices, including servers, laptops, and desktops.
FlexNet Manager Suite uses the software and hardware inventory data collected from Tanium Asset to calculate license consumption. As always, the inventory records must be recognized by the Application Recognition Library, and you must have the resulting application records linked to the appropriate license, for compliance calculations to proceed.

Best regards,

Markward 

By Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there an ETA for when this is going to be available for cloud customers?

This is already available to Cloud customers in the EU region.
This would be available in the NA region around mid April. The date is yet to be finalized. I can provide an update here once it is available.

Hello @mfranz 

Do you know if the application usage data collected by Tanium Asset can be passed through to FNMS?

Sorry, none of my customers have Tanium Asset, so didn't have the chance to mess around with it yet.

FlexNet Manager Suite does not currently import application usage metering data from Tanium.

You can find out more about what data is imported from Tanium on the following page: Tanium Connector > Appendix: Technical Data

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Thanks @ChrisG for the confirmation Chris.  Is this something that is being considered for future releases of FNMS?  An improvement to the Tanium adapter to being in usage information? 

Even the SCCM adapter is able to bring in basic usage flag (yes/No)

When the Flexera team enquired with Tanium about getting access to usage data, the advice was that this data was not currently available from Tanium Asset through an API. It would be interesting to hear any insights into whether that has changed (or is planned to change) though, as it would be useful data to be able to gather.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)