Highlighted
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: FNMS Inventory Beacon check

Jump to solution

Another approach to get similar information to @adrian_ritz1's script would be to use a [PowerShell?] script that parsed IIS logs on the beacon to list the NDI files that have been uploaded to the beacon using HTTP "PUT" requests. The hostname of the device an inventory came from is typically included in the NDI filename that is shown in the log.

A benefit of this approach is that it would not require maintenance of a special configuration for the upload scheduled task.

(Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".)
Highlighted
Occasional contributor

Jump to solution

Hi,

Best thing is to parse the FNMS Portal IIS log, so you'll be able to have for the whole infra:

- beacon and agents on it

- vmware polling by beacon

- number of agents by beacons

We have done this, so we're able to give details on our beacons and also monitor if a beacon is working fine or not.

You can use either powershell or panda python.

Regards,

Alexandre.

Highlighted
Active participant

Jump to solution
Hello ChrisG,

Thanks for this information.

On our side, we can't use IIS logs, because we have some Beacon, and i don't get an access on all of them.

I look to find another way.

Best regards,
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Active participant

Jump to solution
Hello Alex,

Thank you for these informations.
We can't parse the IIS logs because i can't access on some Beacon (on another country).

Best regards,
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional contributor

Jump to solution

Hi,

I think you did not understood what I've said.

You don't need to parse the beacon IIS log.

You only need to parse the Flexnet Portal IIS log. To make it clear here is an example of our IIS log from flexnet portal:

2019-09-11 00:00:09 IP_OF_YOUR_FLEXNET_PORTAL PUT /ManageSoftRL/Inventories/system+on+SERVERNAME+at+20190911T015804+(Full).ndi.gz - 443 USERACCOUNT_OF_BEACON IP_OF_THE_BEACON FlexNet+Manager+Platform/12.2+(Windows+x86) - 200 0 0 7389

All the colored, underlined, bold values represent IP or TEXT that provide the informations you'll need.

Just have to parse the log and have a table to get beacon name from the IP_OF_THE_BEACON.

Regards,

Alexandre