cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Invalid License Source String (-526, 7025)"

One of my clients is getting this error message.  They are using a node-locked license, using an uncounted license file .

Can't find any information on how to troubleshoot anywhere. Have not seen this before.

Jim

(1) Solution

Hi,

I found the reason for the error message, and the solution.

Our product uses the Java FlexLM client, and our customer placed their uncounted license key in a folder with a "&" in the name of folder.  This seems to be unacceptable to the Java FlexLM client.

After we had the client change the location of the license key to something without a "&" in the path, the error disappeared.

As a side note, our newer version of the product has started using the native Windows FlexLM client (C code) - this is to allow us to use the BORROW feature (which is unsupported in the Java FlexLM client).   The native Windows FlexLM client does not have an issue with the "&" in the path.  

Jim

View solution in original post

(1) Reply

Hi,

I found the reason for the error message, and the solution.

Our product uses the Java FlexLM client, and our customer placed their uncounted license key in a folder with a "&" in the name of folder.  This seems to be unacceptable to the Java FlexLM client.

After we had the client change the location of the license key to something without a "&" in the path, the error disappeared.

As a side note, our newer version of the product has started using the native Windows FlexLM client (C code) - this is to allow us to use the BORROW feature (which is unsupported in the Java FlexLM client).   The native Windows FlexLM client does not have an issue with the "&" in the path.  

Jim