cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I need to add admin user to oracle as some specific privilege?

Hi all,

I'm using zero-touch but Oracle inventory file (Oracle).ndi.gz is just 1K and there is error messages as "can gather oracle database information". Do I need to add some specific Oracle privilege  for root user?

Regards,

gotqcorp

(1) Solution
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
Root users would often have full privileges to do what is required here, although it is possible something has been locked down. However unless you have some additional information you haven't noted here, I would not start by assuming this is related to privileges.

A helpful starting point to investigate further will likely to look in the tracker.log file that was generated while the inventory was being gathered. The logging in this file may give an indication of what happened during the inventory gathering process to point you in the right direction.
(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(1) Reply
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
Root users would often have full privileges to do what is required here, although it is possible something has been locked down. However unless you have some additional information you haven't noted here, I would not start by assuming this is related to privileges.

A helpful starting point to investigate further will likely to look in the tracker.log file that was generated while the inventory was being gathered. The logging in this file may give an indication of what happened during the inventory gathering process to point you in the right direction.
(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)