cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract not linked when purchase was processed

Hello Community,

On the Purchase import sheet there is a field for Contract Number. I have an existing contract and I put the contract number in the import sheet. I expected FlexNet Manager to automatically link the license and/or the purchase to the contract when the purchase was processed. Neither happened.

Should the license have been automatically linked to the contact?

Should the purchase have been automatically linked to the contact?

Thanks!

(1) Solution

The purchase should be linked to the contract. I do it all the time with the one-off uploads for purchases. If it is not then check the spelling of the contract. I just copy directly from the contract so that I know the contract number will match.

When creating a new license from a purchase you must manually connect the license to the contract. Flexera does not take the contract information from the purchase and attach that to the license. That would be a great enhancement, though. Then we wouldn't need to go in and connect the license to the contract if the purchase has a contract.

Erick Hacking, CSAM, CHAMP
IT Software Asset Manager, Lead Sr.

View solution in original post

(3) Replies

@ReganL 

I interpret your issue to be related to the one-off PO import template (?), and if that's correct then I also see that if the SKU is recognized it may ignore the contract number field on import and as such not link the Purchase record created to the contract. (I suppose this happens only if the SKU doesn't require a contract linked to it, e.g. Microsoft SKU's including software assurance.) If the SKU isn't recognized the Purchase record does seem to get linked to the contract, and I would assume then also to the License record if you process the purchase?

You may want to raise a case with support if you think this is incorrect behavior.

Thanks,

The purchase should be linked to the contract. I do it all the time with the one-off uploads for purchases. If it is not then check the spelling of the contract. I just copy directly from the contract so that I know the contract number will match.

When creating a new license from a purchase you must manually connect the license to the contract. Flexera does not take the contract information from the purchase and attach that to the license. That would be a great enhancement, though. Then we wouldn't need to go in and connect the license to the contract if the purchase has a contract.

Erick Hacking, CSAM, CHAMP
IT Software Asset Manager, Lead Sr.

The purchases are not getting linked to the contract. I'll submit a ticket.

Question RE:  "When creating a new license from a purchase you must manually connect the license to the contract"

- Should the purchase and contract be linked automatically when processing for an existing license?