cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you see a servers OS version in Flexera?

We are trying to figure out if Flexera is passing the OS version of a server back to our Service Now environment.  We can't physically locate where within the console that we can view a specific OS version on a specific version.

(2) Replies

Hello @ellie_Katz 

If your question is asking whether FNMS is able to tell 'device'/'server' installed OS version, Then yes certainly as long as the OS title in the ARL exists and matched with the OS evidence from your computers. The application of that OS title will report the installation. See sample screenshot below

WindowsOS.PNG

Therefore OS recognition is same as all other software recognition , they exist in the ARL. If your expected server is not seeing that OS application title in the list, it will be similar to one of your other thread 

https://community.flexera.com/t5/FlexNet-Manager-Forum/Can-you-tell-what-applications-are-running-on-each-server-in/m-p/115181#M2601

HTH

Cheers

Kevin

(Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".)

Looking at a basic FNMS to ServiceNow Export I can see that the Operating System column (cmdb_ci_computer.os record) is populated in the cmdb_ci_computer table, but it appears that the OS Version column (cmdb_ci_computer.os_version record) is not populated.