cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beacon operating normally, yet data not uploaded for 24 hours

We have a number of beacons, and while all of them say "operating normally" and "last reported" is extremely recent, the data upload seems pending for a long time, some up to a day.  What would be the reasons for this?  Is there a way, I can push the data from beacon to FNMS?  Or get the data from Beacon into FNMS?

Thanks in advance

(8) Replies

When beacons are running, they are uploading inventory throughout the day, especially with FlexNet Agent Inventory files.  When these uploads are received by the main FlexNet Manager server, they are placed into a "Staging" area.

The "staged" data is not fully imported into FlexNet Manager and seen in the user interface until the nightly Reconciliation Import runs.

At any time, you can manually launch the full reconciliation process on-demand through the User Interface (if you are an FNMS Administrator).

@kclausen Actually, we conducted these reconciliations throughout the day, but this holdup wasnt really changing.
bmaudlin
By Level 9 Champion
Level 9 Champion

@flexeranoob 

Are you an on-prem or cloud customer? As I have been experiencing a delay of inventory uploading to the FNMS cloud.

Ben

Hi,

For beacon upload troubleshooting I will do the following:

Check the incoming folder on the beacon server, and see there if the inventory are queuing, if they are there and no upload take place, then I will check if the upload tasks in scheduled tasks are enabled. If yes I would check the c:\windows\temp\mangesoft for log files, especially the uploader.log file for any errors

If there are nor errors and the files are not in the incoming folder, then the beacon works fine and the data are pusher to the app server. 

Also I would implement the following on the app server:

https://community.flexera.com/t5/FlexNet-Manager-Knowledge-Base/How-to-configure-replication-to-collect-a-NDI-file-on-the/ta-p/2060

In this way I can check if the data are coming to app server, please take note that this folder is growing with every inventory delivery, so a deleted of the old data is required.

If the data are in this folder and after next reconcile with inventory import the data is not in the system, you should check if they are not ignored some how, if you have an asset linked and asset is retired or in storage will not show in all reports.

I hope this info is useful for you to start your troubleshooting.

my goal is not to troubleshoot.   my objective is to just find if there is a manual way to push/pull the data from Beacon to FNMS.  As suggested above, a full reconciliation is not the solution according to me

Hi,

If you want to push the data more frequent to app server, then you can modify in task scheduler the upload task recurrence time, or you can manual run that tasks.

How ever the data will need a reconcile to be visible.  

May be if you can explain why you need this data to be pushed manually.

This issue has plagued us over the past month. The problem is with the Scheduled Tasks. They keep getting disabled. Check the three Inventory tasks. Ours keep getting disabled. Sometimes they work when we enable them, other times they work for a while then are disabled. We have a case open for this issue, 01974277.

Erick Hacking, CSAM, CHAMP
IT Software Asset Manager, Lead Sr.