- Flexera Community
- FlexNet Manager
- FlexNet Manager Forum
- Re: Approval for data entry into FNMS
- Subscribe to RSS Feed
- Mark Topic as New
- Mark Topic as Read
- Float this Topic for Current User
- Printer Friendly Page
Approval for data entry into FNMS
Is it possible to have a manager approve the data entered into the FNMS system by a user such as below.
- User adds a new license and manager approves it subsequently
- Junior admin adds a new FNMS user and the manager has to approve it
- Junior admin adds a new PO and the manager must approve it
This thread has been automatically locked due to inactivity.
To continue the discussion, please start a new thread.
That's an interesting scenario! I can't think of any way to have the FNMS system itself drive a workflow like this. It sounds like a workflow that would have to be implemented through some other process outside the tool.
Agreed. I've been thinking about a simple form website on IIS pushing PO data into a staging table. From there some data quality checking could be done and maybe a business import be used to push the data into FNMS. This could be made as complex as needed, maybe adding an autocomplete feature for convenience or regex-based checking to avoid wrong inputs.