cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agent Scheduling for some agents only not all

Is there a a way to Schedule the agent to run at startup only for some machines for example the cloud servers only? something that can be configured on the agent settings side, not on the OS side.

This so the rest of the agents still continue to run daily as schedule on the WEB UI

(5) Replies

No it is a global schedule currently.

mcavanagh
By Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

I believe there is an enhancement in place that will look into targetting and scheduling, that will allow this to happen. I am unsure on the release date of this enhancement. 

If you find my answer useful please give kudos, if my answer solves your issue, please make sure to mark as solution
mag00_75
By Level 8 Champion
Level 8 Champion

We have some sensitive client machines running test bed system, on those we have created a GPO that adds NDtrack.exe to run at startup.
All files reside on a fileserver, so quite easy to upgrade by just copying in new versions of the files.

Since this is a secure network all inventory from the clients are stored on the same file server. By a nightly batchjob on that file server gateway we upload the inventory files to a beacon server using the full agent NDupload.exe functionality

I can attach the powershell scripts if you want.

that would be great if possible to take a look.

Thanks
mag00_75
By Level 8 Champion
Level 8 Champion

Very rough scripts to inventory our testbed computers in a segmented netwrok that has a file server as gateway, but works if you are changing server locations, search for "SERVERNAME" and set to a fileserver. and change f: to the local path on that file server where the inventory files will be uploaded.

Create_inventory.ps1
Needs to be scheduled to run at start-up using GPO or other methods.
Will execute ndtrack.exe from a fileserver and upload inventory results to a fileshare

Upload_gateway.ps1
Executes on the file server where the inventory files are uploaded, requires also the full agent to be installed on this file server.