cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ARL and PURL File is not updating manually when we try to run in manual

Hi Team,

When I try to run the ARL and PURL file manually in ON-Prime prod environment. date is updating but version is not updating.

Please find the attached screen shot.

The same is working ARL,PURL,SKU files are working in Test Environment.

Please help on this issue. No error message in the log file

Regards,

Dhananjayan

(28) Replies

Hi 

Just compare this directory with your test env as this must be present. As application was install on E drive , verify the same there as well.

@paromita_deb2 

Using File Manager, navigate to the following folder:

C:\ProgramData\Flexera Software\FlexNet Manager Platform\DataImport

If a sub-folder named \Content does not exist, then create it.

Browse to the following folder:

C:\ProgramData\Flexera Software\FlexNet Manager Platform\DataImport\Content

If the following sub-folders do not exist, then create them:

\ARL

\SKU

\EOSL

You can then stage the appropriate .CAB files into these folders before running the ARLImport task

Hi,

I have created new folder and move those files in the respective folder.

ARL folder = Recongnition.cab file

SKU folder= PURL.cab file

EOSL folder=PURL-Desktop.cab file

After i tried to run the command but nothing is executed.

I ran the below command: 

"ShadowHostWin.exe BatchProcessTask.exe run ARLImport"

I am suspecting the  command seems to be wrong. Please provide me the correct command to execute from the bin folder.

==

E:\Program Files (x86)\Flexera Software\FlexNet Manager Platform\DotNet\bin>Shad
owHostWin.exe BatchProcessTask.exe run ARLImport

E:\Program Files (x86)\Flexera Software\FlexNet Manager Platform\DotNet\bin>

====

Regards,

Dhananjayan

@paromita_deb2 - What you are seeing is correct.  The command simply puts the ARL Import task into the Batch Process queue.  You can monitor the import by going to the following folder and see the LOG files as the import is running.

C:\ProgramData\Flexera Software\Compliance\Logging\Content

In addition, you need to place all of the SKU and PURL files into the SKU folder.  The EOSL folder only applies if you have subscribed to the FNMS End of Service Life content subscription.

Hi,

After running that command, we received this message in the log file.

Command: ShadowHostWin.exe BatchProcessTask.exe run ARLImport

==

2021-10-26 14:47:15,149 [.RecognitionImportTool] [INFO ] ARL tasks (All) have begun...
2021-10-26 14:47:15,368 [onImport.ContentImport] [INFO ] Downloading (using WebDownloader) https://www.managesoft.com/support/Compliance/RecognitionAfter82.cab
2021-10-26 14:47:16,134 [onImport.ContentImport] [WARN ] RecognitionAfter82.cab download attempt 1 of 5 failed with System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive.
2021-10-26 14:47:16,134 [onImport.ContentImport] [INFO ] Waiting 10 seconds before trying again
2021-10-26 14:47:26,337 [onImport.ContentImport] [WARN ] RecognitionAfter82.cab download attempt 2 of 5 failed with System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive.
2021-10-26 14:47:26,337 [onImport.ContentImport] [INFO ] Waiting 20 seconds before trying again
2021-10-26 19:41:27,028 [.RecognitionImportTool] [ERROR] Failed to import from local ARL file. The specified local path is invalid: E:\ProgramData\Flexera Software\FlexNet Manager Platform\DataImport\Content\ARL\RecognitionAfter82.cab

====

Regards,

Dhananjayan

Hmmm.  It looks like your default Windows "ProgramData" folder is configured to be in the E: drive and not the C: drive, which is unusual.  So my prior instructions for staging the CAB files was not correct, as you need to create and stage the files on the E: drive

Using File Manager, navigate to the following folder:

E:\ProgramData\Flexera Software\FlexNet Manager Platform\DataImport

If a sub-folder named \Content does not exist, then create it.

Browse to the following folder:

E:\ProgramData\Flexera Software\FlexNet Manager Platform\DataImport\Content

If the following sub-folders do not exist, then create them:

\ARL

\SKU

\EOSL

Place the Recognition CAB file into the \ARL subfolder.

Place the SKU and all of the PURL CAB files into the \SKU subfolder.

Now, run your command line again.

Hi Kclausen,

I have reverified the path is in E drive only not in C drive. "E:\ProgramData\Flexera Software\FlexNet Manager Platform\DataImport\Content\ARL".

Today I have verified inside the ARL folder cab file is not exists. Yesterday i have created this folder and pasted the recognition.cab file. But now i have verified the file is not present their.

Please check and provide some other.

Regards,

Dhananjayan 

You may want to create a Support Ticket as your server seems to have a unique configuration.  From your Log File last night, the required folders on the E drive were not yet created.

2021-10-26 19:41:27,028 [.RecognitionImportTool] [ERROR] Failed to import from local ARL file. The specified local path is invalid: E:\ProgramData\Flexera Software\FlexNet Manager Platform\DataImport\Content\ARL\RecognitionAfter82.cab