cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Publisher part numbers for Technopedia software models?

Is there some place where Flexera provides the publishers part number that is aligned with a software model as provided by Technopedia?

We are currently only a subscriber of Technopedia hardware, software and content pack information.  And currently I am not seeing this information in any of the updates

(2) Solutions

@john_yurek 

Flexera does provide publisher part (SKU) numbers as well as associated product use rights libraries that then gets linked to the technical software models, products and releases in Technopedia, but obviously there may be multiple ways to purchase (or subscribe to) software, there may be bundles and suites, etc. You may want to take a look at Flexera's IT Asset Management solutions that facilitate hardware and software asset management and optimization use cases.

Thanks,

View solution in original post

It is unfortunate that this is not available to Technopedia only customers as a content pack similar to how other compatibility and lifecycle data is.  As we look to compare whether Flexera or ServiceNow SAM Pro will be our solution in the future, we will make sure to keep this in mind.

View solution in original post

(3) Replies

@john_yurek 

Flexera does provide publisher part (SKU) numbers as well as associated product use rights libraries that then gets linked to the technical software models, products and releases in Technopedia, but obviously there may be multiple ways to purchase (or subscribe to) software, there may be bundles and suites, etc. You may want to take a look at Flexera's IT Asset Management solutions that facilitate hardware and software asset management and optimization use cases.

Thanks,

It is unfortunate that this is not available to Technopedia only customers as a content pack similar to how other compatibility and lifecycle data is.  As we look to compare whether Flexera or ServiceNow SAM Pro will be our solution in the future, we will make sure to keep this in mind.

Hi @john_yurek  - thank you for the question and @JohnSorensenDK  for the answer. I'd suggest you share this specific request in our Ideas Portal for product management consideration. 

As for future consideration between products - We certainly don't want to lose you as a customer but, above all else, we definitely want you and your organization to succeed.  I've reached out to your staff contact to see if they have ideas on helping in the interim. If we can be of further help in the forum, please let us know!

-Katie, Community Manager

If you appreciate my efforts, please give me a kudo
Accept as solution to help others find it faster.