- Flexera Community
- Data Platform
- Data Platform Forum
- Re: Down loading the Technopeia Catalog
- Subscribe to RSS Feed
- Mark Topic as New
- Mark Topic as Read
- Float this Topic for Current User
- Printer Friendly Page
How long should it take to download the Technopedia Catalog?
This thread has been automatically locked due to inactivity.
To continue the discussion, please start a new thread.
Hi @mlombardo ,
The time to download the Technopedia Catalog can be variable as it is based on a number of factors:
- Your internet download speed
- Size of file being downloaded (A first time catalog download will take longer than a more up to date one)
- If you have purchased additional Content Packs this may also increase the download time
- Amount of new content added to catalog
Due to the above we unfortunately cannot give a range as to how long it should take to download as it can vary so much.
If you feel the download process is taking longer than it should please create a support case and we can investigate further.
To provide some observations for reference, the initial download and upload into the database could take hours - depends as @RQuinn mentioned on the download speed and the server(s) configuration. Subsequent synchronizations perform an incremental update which takes much less time, about an hour or so on my "smallish" server.
Technopedia Catalog download duration can vary based on various factors, hence there is no definite answer to your question. A few factors to be considered:
1. When was the last successful catalog sync?
If it was recent(<7 days) you can expect a faster time to completion.
If last catalog sync since was a while ago (say 2 weeks), it would take longer to complete.
2. It would also depend on network connectivity to download the catalog, as well as database connectivity to load catalog information into database.
Hope this helps. If you see any issues, please log a case with us and we will be happy to help.