Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device status best practices

oqueck
By Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

Hi,

what would be our best practice in regards to setting the correct device status in Flexera Data Platform when we for example import from Microsoft SCCM or any other source and with this import some devices are being imported, which we are not interested in, because they are to old from a last inventory date or something similar to that?

Thanks & best regards

Oliver

(1) Solution

@oqueck 

I would say that it depends on the solutions and use cases facilitated through these that rely on Data Platform normalized and enriched data. I.e. which business outcomes and as such decision making processes are dependent on this data?

When this analysis has been done you can start investigating whether you've got the proper data sources for Data Platform, and then also start introducing filters to (some of) the data sources to avoid flooding Data Platform's and its data consuming solutions with irrelevant and/or dated inventory data.

Hopefully other community members will chime in with other views...

Thanks,

View solution in original post

(1) Reply

@oqueck 

I would say that it depends on the solutions and use cases facilitated through these that rely on Data Platform normalized and enriched data. I.e. which business outcomes and as such decision making processes are dependent on this data?

When this analysis has been done you can start investigating whether you've got the proper data sources for Data Platform, and then also start introducing filters to (some of) the data sources to avoid flooding Data Platform's and its data consuming solutions with irrelevant and/or dated inventory data.

Hopefully other community members will chime in with other views...

Thanks,