cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variable of ITSM ticket# for inclusion in AppPortal Notification to Requester

I’d like to include the ITSM ticket# in the approval notification sent to the requester if possible. I know how to add the ##variable## to the body of the email but I’m not able to find anything that would reference the ticket# (RF117881 in the example attached) in the GETRESOLVEDREQUESTVARIBLES list. Flexera Services suggested trying ##RECORD_ID## but that didn't work. Does anyone have any other suggestions? 

(1) Solution
CharlesW
By Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

While there is a variable named ##Record_ID## in App Portal, this variable will only be resolved during  ITSM action invocation.. The variable is not available to notifications. Unfortunately, I can't think of any other way to add the value into a notification.

View solution in original post

(4) Replies
CharlesW
By Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

While there is a variable named ##Record_ID## in App Portal, this variable will only be resolved during  ITSM action invocation.. The variable is not available to notifications. Unfortunately, I can't think of any other way to add the value into a notification.

Thank you, CharlesW. 

Also, just to be sure, the variable name in this case is ##RECORD_ID##, not ##Record_ID##.  Variable names are case-sensitive.

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".

I tried ##RECORD_ID## as well with the same result. Only the variable text is returned in the Notification.