cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simple vs Full Recover Model

Although a Simple recover model is recommended (required?) for App Broker's database, if a customer has a policy of using a Full recover model instead, would that be a problem for App Broker in any way?

(1) Solution
CharlesW
By Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

With regards to whether or not to use a simple or full recovery model, I think that the best person to make this choice would be the DB administrator. In databases using the simple recovery model, you may restore from full or differential backups only. As such, it would be important that you maintain regular backups of the App Portal DB. From what I understand, the drawback with the full recovery model is that the DB can become huge (or at least the transaction log)..  App Portal itself would not care what model is used.. App Portal is typically not a "mission critical" system, so all you would really risk loosing if you went with the simple model is requests which had been submitted since the last backup. 

View solution in original post

(1) Reply
CharlesW
By Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

With regards to whether or not to use a simple or full recovery model, I think that the best person to make this choice would be the DB administrator. In databases using the simple recovery model, you may restore from full or differential backups only. As such, it would be important that you maintain regular backups of the App Portal DB. From what I understand, the drawback with the full recovery model is that the DB can become huge (or at least the transaction log)..  App Portal itself would not care what model is used.. App Portal is typically not a "mission critical" system, so all you would really risk loosing if you went with the simple model is requests which had been submitted since the last backup. 

Top Kudoed Authors