cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integrating Flexera App Broker with ServiceNow to automate software push

we are trying to get support from flexera since years but as usual it take years,

I am trying to find an article which helps me integrate Flexera with SNOW to automate software push and create troubleshooting scripts and pro-active monitoring of deployments but failed in initial setup itself.

(18) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Sorry for the difficulty you've had getting information. Posting in the Community as you've done here is a great way to connect with other users and experts who may have insight to help too.

In relation to your query, take a look at the following page which links to resources discussing the integration of App Broker 2021 R2 with ServiceNow: Using App Broker for ServiceNow.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Chris,

appreciate your reply, but we don't use App Broker we are trying to integrate Software portal with ServiceNow and failed with 401 error.

i am unable to attach error screen here, but i have a open case since so many days without any progress(common thing with your service) 

If you aren't working with App Broker, do you know what Flexera product (if any) you are working with?

"Software portal" isn't the name of a product from Flexera, although maybe it is what you call something from Flexera? This forum is focused on topics related to the use of App Broker.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

App Portal 2020_r1, i am trying to integrate this with SNOW using below article

https://docs.flexera.com/appportal/2021r1/ag/Content/helplibrary/AP_ConnectingSNRemedy.htm

OK. App Portal is effectively (for most purposes) a subset of App Broker, so you're in the right place, and it looks like you've found the relevant article describing the setup steps.

Are you getting the 401 error when you click the "Test" button on the Site Management > Settings > ServiceNow Integration page to test the connection to ServiceNow? A 401 error would normally indicate some kind of access rights problem, suggesting that the credentials that have been provided are not being accepted when attempting to make a connection to ServiceNow.

appreciate your response, how can we justify to our SNOW team? is there any log or event which shows this?

I'm not sure what (if anything) you might find in logs, but the place to look would be in files that are stored under the Logs directory under the App Portal installation directory. Some of this log information is also available through the administration UI under Site Management > Logs.

Here are some references to help you find your way around the logs (links to the 2021 R2 version of documentation):

FYI, ServiceNowIntegration.log would likely be your best source of information with regards to ServiceNow issues.

thanks, i did checked in that but no errors except below lines.

ServiceNowCatalogCustomTable entry is empty.Not checking for any updates to Sync catalogs into serviceNow SyncCatalogIntoServiceNow 1/18/2022 05:02:14 PM 1 (0x0001)
ServiceNowCatalogCustomTable entry is empty.Not checking for any updates to Sync catalogs into serviceNow SyncCatalogIntoServiceNow 1/18/2022 06:02:14 PM 1 (0x0001)
ServiceNowCatalogCustomTable entry is empty.Not checking for any updates to Sync catalogs into serviceNow SyncCatalogIntoServiceNow 1/18/2022 07:02:14 PM 1 (0x0001)
ServiceNowCatalogCustomTable entry is empty.Not checking for any updates to Sync catalogs into serviceNow SyncCatalogIntoServiceNow 1/18/2022 08:02:14 PM 1 (0x0001)
ServiceNowCatalogCustomTable entry is empty.Not checking for any updates to Sync catalogs into serviceNow SyncCatalogIntoServiceNow 1/18/2022 09:02:15 PM 1 (0x0001)
ServiceNowCatalogCustomTable entry is empty.Not checking for any updates to Sync catalogs into serviceNow SyncCatalogIntoServiceNow 1/18/2022 10:02:15 PM 1 (0x0001)
Get all Catalog operations in settings page Proceed 1/18/2022 10:35:16 PM 1 (0x0001)
GetAllCatalogOperations method completed.. Proceed 1/18/2022 10:35:16 PM 1 (0x0001)
Get all Device/App provisioning operations in settings page Proceed 1/18/2022 10:35:16 PM 1 (0x0001)
GetAllTaskSeqOperations method completed.. Proceed 1/18/2022 10:35:16 PM 1 (0x0001)

For starters, I would log on to your App Portal server (Remote Desktop or physical access) and then try opening ServiceNow in the browser, using the same credentials that you configured in the ITSM Integration page of App Portal.  If that works, then you know it isn't a credential problem and it isn't a network connectivity problem.  Next, App Portal uses Basic authentication to communicate with ServiceNow.  If you are using single sign-on in ServiceNow, you will need to configure ServiceNow to allow your service account to bypass SSO and use basic authentication.  I don't have the details for how this is done in ServiceNow, but every customer I've worked with that had this situation knew how to do it, so it must be a well-known process within the ServiceNow admin community.  One other thing that might help with initial troubleshooting is to give your integration account full admin rights in ServiceNow just to ensure there aren't any permissions restrictions causing the error.  If it works with full admin rights but doesn't work with less rights, then we'll need to troubleshoot what permissions are missing.

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".

it worked if we grant security level admin rights which is not accepted as security policy and i don't think any of the product integration works like this.

we have granted ITIL, rest of API roles which is not working.

Can you provide me the case number so I can look into why you're not getting a response through Support?  I've looked at all the cases associated with your organization, and I don't see any related to ServiceNow integration.  Was it perhaps submitted by a colleague that isn't linked to your account?

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".

02518183-- this is i created for license issue which is initial issue in the process of integration, later state i received 403, i did resolve it self using some articles enabling authentication in IIS later i stuck at 401 and struggling for solution to complete the integration process and perform automatic tasks.

It looks like our Support Engineer has reached out a few times trying to set up a call/screen share.  Hopefully, you'll be able to find a mutually agreeable time, and he'll be able to expedite a resolution.

In the meantime, are you able to provide any further details about the exact steps you're performing when you hit the 401 error?  Did you see my other post about single sign-on?  Is ServiceNow configured to allow your integration account to authenticate using local account login?

yes he did reached but have you observed the follow ups we did and other customer aspects? yes i am working with SNOW team on single Sign-on and other access related.

I looked at the support case.. It looks like you are seeing either a 401 or a 403 when testing your credentials.. Which is it? The error itself would show up in ExternalSystems_Error.log.  A 401 typically indicates bad credentials. A 403 typically indicates that the credentials are OK, but you do not have the appropriate permissions. If you look at the help topic Creating a ServiceNow Integration User you will find a listing of the required roles for the integration user account.

do we need the account to be admin on Appportal too? also is there any specific port requirement. 

No, you do not need to be an admin. The following 8 roles, documented in the admin guide, are all that should be required:

x_fls_appportal.user
catalog_admin
mid_server
web_service_admin
pa_admin
import_transformer
Asset
ITIL

There is no specific port requirement. What version of ServiceNow are you using? Perhaps there was some change in the ServiceNow roles, that we are not aware of.