cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation issue in app

I have 2 SCCM packages that works perfectly (downloads a ZIP file and extracts to a local drive using Powershell Expand Archive)

1 of these packages will not install when using AppPortal.  The machine policy refresh doesn't run.   No reference to the package is ever copied locally.

The other package run perfectly fine (in under 5 minutes..which is expected) via AppPortal.

I've recreated the catalog entry in AppPortal and verified that it does make a valid connection with the SCCM package through the Deployment tab.

Other applications that use a standard MSI install seem to work just fine.

AppPortal 2019R1

Any assistance would be appreciated.

(1) Solution
CharlesW
By Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

About the only thing that I can think of is that one of the package deployments has the rerun behavior set to "always rerun program" while the other is set to another option such as "never rerun deployed program". Check the deployment settings for the two packages, to see if the rerun behavior is defined differently.. The following screen capture shows the deployment setting to which I refer:

rerun.png

Note that you can set the rerun behavior when the package is originally attached to the catalog item in App Portal.. The following illustrates the setting:

appPortalRerunSetting.png

View solution in original post

(1) Reply
CharlesW
By Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

About the only thing that I can think of is that one of the package deployments has the rerun behavior set to "always rerun program" while the other is set to another option such as "never rerun deployed program". Check the deployment settings for the two packages, to see if the rerun behavior is defined differently.. The following screen capture shows the deployment setting to which I refer:

rerun.png

Note that you can set the rerun behavior when the package is originally attached to the catalog item in App Portal.. The following illustrates the setting:

appPortalRerunSetting.png