cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flexible approval stopping

Hello,

We have our flexible/email approve processing working for a small number of catalog items (the ##RequestID## is in the subject line for these specific items).

We were due to update the default template for ‘Software - Request For Approval’, however after some further testing I noted that the flexible approval stopped working. The approval email replies had not been processed.

The correct emails were replied to (similar to the ones we used before), I saw the emails come to the App Portal mail box and tested the incoming Email credentials were still valid. I ran three tests and none of the items were processed.

I looked at the mailparser.log in Notepad++ and it looked to me like the emails were not even being noticed as the log file had a lot of 'Found 0 mails for auto-approve / reject' entries around the times the emails were received.

I then stopped and started he ESD service.

I ran a couple more new tests (requested catalog item and got my manager to approve) and they were successful, however the ‘backlog’ of the original three emails were still unprocessed.

It this a common issue? Has anyone else run into it? Is there a way for us to be alerted if this occurs, I am not sure I can tell me users to begin using this functionality if it randomly stops working.

Thanks.

(1) Solution

When I was testing I had our App Portal mailbox open for some of the time, some of the incoming mails were being marked as read – before App Portal processed them.

If mails are marked as read they will not be processed. This is what causes the inconsistency in my testing and had me quite confused.

Once I closed the mail box – I ran more tests and all flexible approvals were processed correctly.

View solution in original post

(3) Replies

App Portal support team has started investigation of this one too

(Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".)

When I was testing I had our App Portal mailbox open for some of the time, some of the incoming mails were being marked as read – before App Portal processed them.

If mails are marked as read they will not be processed. This is what causes the inconsistency in my testing and had me quite confused.

Once I closed the mail box – I ran more tests and all flexible approvals were processed correctly.

It was a Flexera Developer (Ranjani) who worked this out for me.