cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FlexeraSoftware App Portal - SCCM collections

All of a sudden any order in AppPortal will not add the devices to the collections. I have rebooted my Flexera servers yet nothing is triggering the device to add to the collection. I inherited this system so I'm trying to poke around and find whats not working and I am having no luck. 

(1) Solution

On the App Broker server, you will find the logs folder in the location C:\Program Files (x86)\Flexera Software\App Portal\Logs, by default. Under this folder, you will find a log file named collectionInsert_<server>.log, which should contain information about collection inserts.  Note that <server> is the name of your SCCM server. If you are seeing FAILED logged frequently, then it may be that these failures are blocking other inserts from taking place. 

On the SCCM server, you can find the ESD Web Service log files under C:\Program Files (x86)\Flexera Software\App Portal Web Service\logs by default. You should see a collectionInsert.log file which will contain information about collection inserts taking place.. This log is of lesser importance as of now.. Look at the log file on the App Broker server for starters... 

As an initial troubleshooting step, I would suggest that you start by restarting the ESD Service on the App Broker server..I'm aware of an issue where the service can stop processing inserts due to an in-memory flag not being unset correctly. If this does not take care of the issue, then try running the following query against the App Broker DB:

update wd_appsettings set value = '500'  where keyname ='RequestProcessingBatchSize'

Followed by a restart of the ESD Service. This should increase the "batch" processing size, so the Failures will not block other inserts from taking place.. I might suggest opening a support case if you are seeing many failures in CollectionInsert_<server>.log. I should be able to tell you why things are failing, in addition to providing a query to cancel the requests that are failing.. The reason that I ask you to open a case is that it allows you to provide your log files to me in a secure way. 

View solution in original post

(5) Replies

Can you go to Site Management > Settings > General and check the Database Version, Website Assembly Version, and Web Services Version (mostly the website and web services)?  Have you looked at the collection insert logs on both the App Portal server and the SCCM site server?  Even if the logs on the App Portal server show successful collection inserts, the esdwebservice logs on the SCCM site server may show you something different.

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".

Not sure where to find the Collection insert logs on the app portal side. SCCM is my wheel house, App Portal not so much.

On the App Broker server, you will find the logs folder in the location C:\Program Files (x86)\Flexera Software\App Portal\Logs, by default. Under this folder, you will find a log file named collectionInsert_<server>.log, which should contain information about collection inserts.  Note that <server> is the name of your SCCM server. If you are seeing FAILED logged frequently, then it may be that these failures are blocking other inserts from taking place. 

On the SCCM server, you can find the ESD Web Service log files under C:\Program Files (x86)\Flexera Software\App Portal Web Service\logs by default. You should see a collectionInsert.log file which will contain information about collection inserts taking place.. This log is of lesser importance as of now.. Look at the log file on the App Broker server for starters... 

As an initial troubleshooting step, I would suggest that you start by restarting the ESD Service on the App Broker server..I'm aware of an issue where the service can stop processing inserts due to an in-memory flag not being unset correctly. If this does not take care of the issue, then try running the following query against the App Broker DB:

update wd_appsettings set value = '500'  where keyname ='RequestProcessingBatchSize'

Followed by a restart of the ESD Service. This should increase the "batch" processing size, so the Failures will not block other inserts from taking place.. I might suggest opening a support case if you are seeing many failures in CollectionInsert_<server>.log. I should be able to tell you why things are failing, in addition to providing a query to cancel the requests that are failing.. The reason that I ask you to open a case is that it allows you to provide your log files to me in a secure way. 

In hindsight, rebooting your App Broker server would have restarted the ESD Service, so no reason to do this again.. Start with running the query.

I was able to find the logs and esdwebservice wasnt working at all on the AppPortal side. I rebooted both the AppPortal server and the site server and found that it started to finally work.