cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't log in to App Portal (DEV instance)

My App Portal dev environment is not looking too good (I have not been there for a while).

When I launch App Portal it doesn’t log me in, I just see Approve/Reject and Proceeded Tab.

I looked at the ActiveDirectory.log and there is an error --> Error reading GUID from user <username> error is The server is not operational.

In Website.log the error is

GetGUIDFromDN Method error for DN=CN=<FirstName Lastname (X-Account)>,OU=X Accounts,OU=Service & Data Management,DC=test,DC=internal,DC=macquarie,DC=comTargetDomain=TEST:  The server is not operational.

at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.Bind(Boolean throwIfFail)

at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.Bind()

at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.RefreshCache()

at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.FillCache(String propertyName)

at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.get_NativeGuid()

at SelfService.ActiveDirectoryAppCodeRepository.GetGUIDFromDN(String DN, String TargetDomain)

If I can’t log in to my DEV Instance of App Portal … is there any other way I can fix/trouble shoot this issue? I have full access to the server but don’t have ant other account to log in with right now.

Thanks

(5) Replies
CharlesW
By Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

I'd guess that there is some type of AD issue going on (perhaps account related?).. Lets try a couple of things, in an attempt to get you access to the site:

1. Run the following query and then perform an IIS reset:

update wd_appsettings set value = 'True' where keyname = 'HasUntrustedDomains' 

2. If this does not work, then we will need to try an rest the admin security permissions so that you can access the site again.. To do this, you would run the following query:

delete from wd_nodesecurity

As mentioned, this will reset the permissions, you will have to add them again.

Let me know your results. 

Thanks Charles, I did need to  use the 'delete from wd_nodesecurity'.
I can now log in - when I go to Admin - Security I get an 'unexpected error'.

I can see Catalog items under Catalog Management - which is what I'll need to see most right now as I intend to use our Dev  App Portal environment to test the scripted adding of Catalog Items (with Alerts and Security Settings). I manually added in a General Catalog Item via Admin -> Catalog Management -> New Catalog Item Wizard. So I'm hoping I can run my testing here too.
If there's an easy way/fix for the 'unexpected error' let me know. It is our DEV enironment - so errors in it are not a big deal.

This is the error in the Website.log
Unhandled Exception http://localhost/esd/admin/UserSecurity.aspx Current security context is not associated with an Active Directory domain or forest........

Cheers.

As mentioned, this seems to be some type of AD issue.. Perhaps the credentials changed for the account you are using? Try resetting the identity account credentials on the SelfService application pool, to ensure that they are up to date..

Also, in addition to what Charlie suggested, check that you:

1. are logging in with a domain account and not a local server account
  2. can locate a domain controller
    • nltest.exe /dclist:<domain name> (from a command prompt)
    • set logonserver (from a command prompt)
    • ping %logonserver% (from a command prompt)
Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".

Thanks Jim, I believe I have a DC issue. I'm working with the relevant team to get it fixed up. Because it is our test domain, it's not going to be considered high priority to fix up, but at least I know I'm on the right track.