cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

_short in ini files? urgent!!

I have repackaged an application and in the ini files it keeps making these entries:

WORD_DB=_Short(D:\Apps\Commuwin II\DB\tv_wo___.dbf)

This kinda screws up the app. How do i stop this behaviour? the _short thing, i have read this somewhere but i cannot find it again 😞 any help is appreciated.
(3) Replies
Ok i have manually changed all the entries. but that is a lot of work to fix such a stupid thing. why does it do this? i have about 10 ini files in this project, but not all of them were writtten like that?? What gives and how do i stop this behaviour?
Whe hafe the same problem!

No Upate available??

The strings in _short() function will not be translatet!

Version is: AdminStudio Professional 6.0 with Value Pack 1

Any Ideas??

Thanks

[EDIT]: Also the Scanengine cut the last \ from paths... this is a crytical bug, than some apps does´nt work without it.
Macrovision: Take note of how many people have viewed this thread

Yeah, I know this one. It's been an AdminStudio problem for a long while. I think it was introduced when the developers were trying to get Winzip to work.

It is always a good idea to search ALL TABLES for the _Short thing

It can appear in the Class, Registry, Environment, anywhere really

It appears in the .inc file when repackager encounters a short file path like c:\progra~1

The idea is that the program that converts the .inc into a .ism is able to use the [!filekey] notation to represent the short path to the file. Unfortunately that notation is only valid in the registry table, but repack.exe uses it wherever it encounters a short path.

In every other table, the interpretter that converts .inc into .ism does not know what to do with the _Short() command and leaves it as-is.

All you need to do to fix the problem is to look at what the legacy package put in those places and replicate it. (or wait until the next adminstudio beta and use the opportunity to complain)

looeee