cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

repackaging an exe file

I have many exe files (not setup.exe) files that I'd like to repackage and eventually deploy silently.

Any suggestions.

For setup.exe files, I have been deploying with a .iss file. Can AdminStudio help me deploy setup.exe files or any .exe files for that matter?

Thx
(4) Replies
If you were to repackage your setups using AdminStudio the output of that process would ultimately be an MSI package. One benefit of having all of your packages in MSI format is that they would take a comsistent set of command line aprameters. For instance, do deploy an MSI package silently you would run it with the /qn parameter set on the command line.
Where in AdminStudio is this done?
If you launch the adminstudio IDE you will find the Repackager in the tools gallery. Thre is extensive documentation in the help library as to how to use the repackager, so I'll refer you to that for more detail. However, let me know if you have any other questions.
Thx.

But, some S/W apps come wrapped in a setup.exe and some are wrapped in whatever.exe. For those files that are whatever.exe, creating silent installs does not seem to work. Do I have any other alternatives with these types of files.

Another questions on setup.exe and setup.iss. Is this old school in terms of re-packaging?

At times I have unzipped a setup.exe and sometimes find an msi file in there which I then modifiy in IS and then execute.

Thx again