cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

convert from setup to MSI leaves out files

Do anyone know why Admin studio 9.5 leaves out files when repackage a setup.exe and convert it to .MSI? The .msi launches and work fine but leaves out some original .dll and files. It installed all the same folders but some files are left out. Is there a way to make it where it install the exact same folders and files as the original setup.exe. Any help is appreciated,

Thanks,

Butter

Examples
setup.exe 159 files and 5 folder
.msi 145 files and 5 folder
(4) Replies
Hi

We've experienced similar problems. For example, when we repackaged MATLAB 2010a with the Neural Network toolbox, Repackager ignored the following two files

\toolbox\nnet\nnet\nnplot\plotperform.m
\toolbox\nnet\nnutils\boiler_perform.m

MATLAB's free alternative, Octave, experiences similar problems:

AdminStudio repackager fails to package the following files

3.2.4\CHANGELOG.txt
3.2.4\license\jogl\CHANGELOG.txt
3.2.4\mingw32\mingw32\lib\ldscripts\i386pe.xa
3.2.4\mingw32\mingw32\lib\ldscripts\i386pe.xn
3.2.4\mingw32\mingw32\lib\ldscripts\i386pe.xr
3.2.4\mingw32\mingw32\lib\ldscripts\i386pe.xu

and also ignores the following empty directories:

3.2.4\libexec\octave\api-v37
3.2.4\libexec\octave\api-v37\site
3.2.4\libexec\octave\api-v37\site\exec
3.2.4\libexec\octave\api-v37\site\exec\i686-pc-mingw32
3.2.4\libexec\octave\site
3.2.4\libexec\octave\3.2.4\site\exec
3.2.4\libexec\octave\3.2.4\site\exec\i686-pc-mingw32
3.2.4\libexec\octave\3.2.4\site\oct
3.2.4\libexec\octave\3.2.4\site\oct\i686-pc-mingw32

It's a pain!

Best Wishes,
Mike
Hi Mike,

I wanted to let you know that I reproduced the missing directory portion of the issue you reported with the Octave package. Thanks for the detailed notes about which directories were not captured and what package you used.

I reported an issue with number IOA-000058398 for this behavior.

It looks like the CreateFolder entries were created in the ISM for the missing directories, but they were somehow associated with components installing to a different folder with the same name as the correct folder.

Regards,
Ajay
Thanks Ajay!
I'm working on repackaging a setup.exe for Envisionware PC Reservation. When I repackage it with AdminStudio, it drops dll's for Visual C++ redistributables, or, it installs them in the wrong location, for example the base C drive instead of the program directory.