cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Install of 10.0 Fails

I have rebuilt my server twice. The first time I was running Windows Server 2008 R2. Now I am using Windows Server 2008 SP2 (32 bit).

I installed AS Enterprise 10 web server. When launching it from either server I get:

Server Error in '/' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Invalid object name 'AMS_LanguageList'.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Invalid object name 'AMS_LanguageList'.

Source Error:

Line 5:
Line 6: <BR />Line 7: <%=Language.GetString("Product_Title")%><BR />Line 8:
Line 9:

Source File: c:\AdminStudioEnterprise\wwwroot\login.aspx Line: 7

Stack Trace:

[SqlException (0x80131904): Invalid object name 'AMS_LanguageList'.]
AdminStudio.Data.DBSQLNet.GetTable(String strTableName) +355
AdminStudio.Globalization.Language.LoadData() +52
AdminStudio.Globalization.Language..ctor() +275
AdminStudio.Globalization.Language..cctor() +130

[TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'AdminStudio.Globalization.Language' threw an exception.]
AdminStudio.Globalization.Language.GetString(String strSymbol) +0
ASP.login_aspx.__Render__control1(HtmlTextWriter __w, Control parameterContainer) in c:\AdminStudioEnterprise\wwwroot\login.aspx:7
System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildrenInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ICollection children) +256
System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildren(HtmlTextWriter writer) +19
System.Web.UI.Page.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) +29
System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControlInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) +27
System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) +99
System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer) +25
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1266

Help anyone?
(2) Replies
Hi There,

You get this behavior if you have web.config pointed to a database that has none of the AdminStudio table schema in it.

I would recommend connecting to that database with the client piece; it should prompt about running the scripts and hopefully fix the issue.
Thanks, that was it. Installing AES doesn't run the SQL scripts. How strange.

Now to troubleshoot the rest of the errors.

Cary R wrote:
Hi There,

You get this behavior if you have web.config pointed to a database that has none of the AdminStudio table schema in it.

I would recommend connecting to that database with the client piece; it should prompt about running the scripts and hopefully fix the issue.