cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio Forum

Forum Posts

VBScript custom action

Executing an msi that includes a vbscript code custom action generates an error "Error 1720. There is a problem with this windows Installer package. A script required for this install to complete cannot be run. Contact your support personnel or packa...

CChong by Level 11 Flexeran
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Modifying or setting an ACL via Installer ?

Hy there,this time just a question How do i seting file and directory security settings via my .msi or .mst ?I'd like to modify those instalations where the user has to have rights beyond "user" in the installation directory.Regards

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

AdminStudio Documentation

Greetings.First, let me introduce myself. I'm a Senior Technical Writer at InstallShield, and am in charge of all AdminStudio product documentation (the online help library, the inline help, the Getting Started Guide, etc.). The purpose of this threa...

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Size of MSI file

I have made an MSI that does three simple tasks.1. Copies a file (80KB)2. Calls a third party executable (Media Player)3. Calls another third party executable (Media Player Patch)When I build the MSI I compress all files into a single MSI and do n...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Am I stupid ?????????????

Slowly I get pissed OFF !!!!I Use AdminStudio 3.0 Professional, with the 3.01 Patch that not realy working till now ( see posts ) and the advertised Value Pack 1If I run the ConflictSolver 3.2.0.10 to import an OSSnapshot 3.1.22.0 OS Image the Import...

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Author silent crash importing .inc

Author silently crashes when importing an repacked SUN JDK 1.2.2 or above.In the moment stating "converting Path variables to Static"the Appl. crashes silently.Please wake up, we like to use a software we have payed for !!!Regards

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Has anyone seen this - custom actions

I have been trying to get a dialog going. This dialog is supposed to call an Installshield script when the user hits a command button, and then returns to the installation sequence.It was working, and then it stopped - and I certainly didn't change i...

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Repackager variables not used

In the "Collect Product Information" Dialog, a bug in the coding of the "Install Directory" filed exist.Issue:Every time the cursor leave this field, the values forProduct and Support URL will be reset to default.Regards

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Bug in AdminStudio after 3.01 Patch -> DO NOT USE THE PATCH

Testenvironment:- Clean disc- Single Processor- 256 MB- Windows 2000 SP2 Slipstream installation- SP2 reinstallation- MDAC 2.7- MS XML Parser 3.0 SP2- AdminStudio 3.0 Retail CD- AdminStudio 3.01 UpdateFirst Issues: ( deeper investigation have to foll...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adminstudio 3.01 update Bug

There is a Bug in the 3.01 PatchTest system:- Clean formated disk with:- Windows 2000 SP2 Slipstream- SRP1- MDAC 2.7- AdminStudio 3.0 Pro RetailThe issue:1.)The file.\AdminStudio\3.0\Author\Program\0409\SVuWelcome.htmcan't be Patched:Product: Install...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos