cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing language English(United States)

Folks,

Environment: Adminstudio 7.0

After downloading some redistributables (.net 1.1) today I ended up with the dreaded "The following languages will be disabled as they were included in this project but are not installed on this system: English(United States)" message when opening the project file I am working on. The message appeared after Adminstudio performed a repair when I clicked on the Redistributable view in the project. If I attempt to create a blank project I receive the same message. This project was building without problems prior to this. I have not upgraded Adminstudio, apart from the aforementioned redistributables.

I have read the other posts on this problem, which appears to be a common one. Certainly members of my team have experienced this and have had to reinstall Adminstudio and wait for a day or so for a response activation via email as activation over the Internet with this version does not work with a proxy.

There appears to be a solution which entails adding String1033.txt to the binary table. I am not sure how this applies in my case where I am building a setup.exe from the project. Also how does this help with a new empty project? I would appreciate some advice on how to apply this solution.

I am also surprised that there has been no fix from Macrovision for what appears to be an on going problem across several versions. I would appreciate a response as to why I have to lose several days of productivity through no fault of mine.

regards

Jon Beets
(3) Replies
It is possible that they have not been made aware of the problem. If you have not, you may want to submit this behavior as a bug.
Jon Beets wrote:
I am also surprised that there has been no fix from Macrovision for what appears to be an on going problem across several versions.
Wouldn't it be nice if Support was more proactive than that?

For us, raising a support call will have to wait until we have moved to the latest version and verfied that the problem still exists.

This time around I un-installed and then installed AdminStudio. The project I was having the problem with now opens and builds fine. I also seem to have resolved my original problem with the installation of .Net by downloading both the 1.1 SP1 redistributable for pre 2003 and 2003!

regards

Jon Beets
To give them the benefit of doubt, they may have been actively finding and logging bugs so that dev team becomes aware of the bugs and can work on fixing them. Some bugs may still fall through the crack, and go unnoticed. That is where users can come in and help by reporting bugs they have missed.

It's to everyone's benefit to report bugs found.