cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio Forum

Forum Posts

Custom Action shall stop installation

I use the following command in my CA to check the value of "a". If its >10 a message shall appear and the msi shall finish with rollback.If a>10 Then Msgbox "Installation stops now!" WScript.QuitEnd IfIn fact the message "Installation stops now!" ap...

qwertzy by Level 3
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disabling upgrades

Hi,Can any one help me out in solving my problem i am left clueless .I have a msi with me and i need to create mst for it and incorporate some client specific standards.The msi oninstallation when we launch the shortcut a window appears asking for pr...

shanthi by Level 3
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

EXE to MSI

I have a Windows self-installing executable that I need to convert into an msi to push via sms 2003. Is my only option to do a snapshot of this install using repackager or is there another way to create this msi installer? I am new to AdminStudio 7.5

brisimon by Level 3
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

packaging help website?

I sat through the demo of AdminStudio and they mentioned what looked to be a really great website where packagers had made comments on different software and what to look out for when packaging.Does any one know the website I'm talking about or can s...

Not able to resolve ICE33 Warnings....Please help

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------HI,I am getting the following ICE warnings:ICE33 Warning Reg key Registry_3 is used in an unsupported way. Typelib HELPDIR should be registered via the Typelib table. Thi...

dropping dlls to the Global Assembly Cache

hi, i want to drop some dlls to the Global Assembly Cache. i am using AdminStudio 8 and am wondering what is the best way\practice to do this so that the Msiassembly and MsiAssemblyName tables get populated correctly? if i just create the gac directo...

stealth by Level 3
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Conflict Resolution - ACE 07

Occasionally I have been getting the following errors running repackaged applications through our Conflict Resolution database:"ACE07 FAILURE Syntax Error or access violationFile D:\Wack\Source\iscrm\ISCMUtils.cppLine 121 (or another applicable line ...

CChong by Level 11 Flexeran
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

SMS Web console page not found

For some reason after i installed the sms edition, when i launch the web console i get ann error. Has anyone had this happen? The screen shot it attached. i think it must be some IIS setting, but cant figure it out.

Install condition with check registry key

Hello,I'm packaging with AdminStudio 8 and try to set a intallation condition with registry check on :[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion]"CSDVersion"="Service Pack 2"I create a system search variable to store CSDVersion ...