Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WinZip 9.0 Repackage help

I am trying to repackage WinZip 9.0
The package is working well, but there is one problem with it
if one goes to a command prompt and types "winzip"
the installed program will not launch

closer inspection of the build logs show

Undefined file extension '.ZIP\ShellEx\{00021500-0000-0000-c000-000000000046}': the ProgID '{E0D79307-84BE-11CE-9641-444553540000}' is undefined. This may result in ICE33 warnings.
Registry entries for file extension '.ZIP\ShellEx\{00021500-0000-0000-c000-000000000046}' will remain in the Registry table because no ProgId, CLSID, or shell verb was associated with it
Registry entries for file extension '.zip\ShellNew' will remain in the Registry table because no ProgId, CLSID, or shell verb was associated with it
Mapping shell extension verbs from registry information to the Verb table
Writing to the ProgId table
ProgID 'WinZip' is not fully defined (missing CLSID). This may result in ICE33 warnings.

can anyone help me correct what is wrong with the keys
if I hand install winzip and go look at the keys
they are no different than what is being captured and then created by the msi

i also see these ice33 warnings way too often when doing a package
they happen wether i do a monitor or a classic repackage
any help would be appreciated

thanks
rich
(4) Replies
I think you have to have an app path entry for winzip for it to start correctly from a command prompt. Try to create the key under microsoft\windows\currentversion\app paths.

ICE 33 warnings are very common and are to do with COM extraction and dulicate entries in the COM and registry tables. For that particular one it looks like you need to move the ProgID entry for WinZip from the registry table to the ProgID table.
thanks for the tips, i really appreciate it

I changed the app path key that was created
for some reason winzip.exe was created
but it pointed to winzip.exe and that doesnt exist, its winzip32.exe
once i changed it, winzip from the command line worked 😃

I will look at the progid changes next to see how they go

thanks again
I agree with David:
ICE 33 warnings are very common and are to do with COM extraction and dulicate entries in the COM and registry tables.

I have never fix these warnings any more...it will add unnecessary time to your package. You will continually see a good number of these warnings in any package that you do.

Even the Installshield Consultants do not fix these warnings for their clients as they advise that these warnings will not cause any damage and to ignore them.
thanks for the info on the ICE 33 warnings