cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VirusScan Digital Signature Error

Hi,

I am currently trying to automate the VirusScan Enterprise 7.0 installation, but it is not digital signed. The following error message occurd during the installation, Digital signature not found in Anti-virus file system filter, do you want to continue with the isntallation? I have to click yes to proceed with the installation. Is there a way to automate the process with unsigned third party software?

Thanks,
(2) Replies
Looking at McAfee's description, VirusScan Enterprise 7.0 appears to be a relatively recently released product. This brings up the question of whether or not the installation is already MSI based. If this is the case there are various issues that may be seen repackaging an MSI installation. This is part of the reason that it is neither recommended nor supported.

One possible work-around to the unsigned file is to sign it yourself. But you might want to limit that to an in-house distribution.
Mcafee has their own tools for automating installations. I have been using it it since the release of 7.0 and it works fine. The only problem is upgrading from previous versions works about 25% of the time. If no previous version exists it works every time.

The Version 7.1 custom installation I made by using the McAfee Installation Designer 7.1.0 obtained from the download section of Mcafee’s web site. Currently the program is located “L:\SUPPORT\NAI\Packaging utility.” There is documentation on using the product located here too.