cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating List Box at runtime

Does anyone know how I can update(refresh) a listbox at runtime. I run a custom action vbscript that adds entries to the listbox. However the entries are only visible when I click Next/Back.
(6) Replies
Sounds like the problem is a refresh issue. What type of project are you working with? Basic msi, installscript msi, or something else?
I'm working with a Basic MSI project. I've tried disabling the lsitbox and enabling it again after running a custom action but nothing seems to be refreshing the contents of the listbox except clicking on the back or next buttons. Any help would be great as this problem is taking ages to resolve. Thanx in advance.

MarkJD wrote:
Sounds like the problem is a refresh issue. What type of project are you working with? Basic msi, installscript msi, or something else?
MAybe the EventMapping table must be filled.
I'm VERY new to Installshield X so I'm not sure what you mean by EventMapping table. How would I go about refreshing the contents of a listbox control? What entry would go into the EventMapping table? When would the installer pick up on a change in the EventMapping table?

Thanx for your help.
Peerke wrote:
MAybe the EventMapping table must be filled.
I haven't tried this myself, but Reset ControlEvent may be worth a try.

Here is a link to EventMapping Table, which can be found under Direct Editor view in IDE.
The Reset button will not work, it will just reset all properties to their value from when the dialog was created. And don't get you hopes up on the EventMapping thing either. I can't get that to work. What you could do is create 2 identical dialogs and use a newdialog ContolEvent to switch between those dialogs.