cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to add VNC Viewer (x64) in "Backlog" Tab

Hi Team,

I was able to search/find application VNC Viewer (x86) through import wizard (package feed module), however when I try to add it to the backlog tab (because I'm going to set it to subscribe for automation) it can't find any matches in PFM?

Cheers,

Man

(1) Solution

On further analysis of this issue, it was found that the VNC Viewer package available in the Package Feed is in .zip format. Package Automation/Backlog does not currently support packages in .zip format as these packages require manual intervention to extract the zip file and select the correct installer file to import into a catalog. It will be a new enhancement to the product that is now being added to the product backlog.

View solution in original post

(3) Replies

@normanperez 

This behavior has been reported as a defect by our QA already. This will be fixed in a future release of AdminStudio.

Thanks

Is there a timescale for the fix of this issue? I have found other applications that can be found in the PFM import module but not in the Backlog when looking for a match which renders the subscription functionality null and void for those applications.

On further analysis of this issue, it was found that the VNC Viewer package available in the Package Feed is in .zip format. Package Automation/Backlog does not currently support packages in .zip format as these packages require manual intervention to extract the zip file and select the correct installer file to import into a catalog. It will be a new enhancement to the product that is now being added to the product backlog.