cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble importing OS Snapshots

Every time I try to import an OS Snapshot into Conflict solver, it gets a LONG way through it then...

OS snapshot import started at: Thursday, 30 June 2005 - 1:43 PM ...
Source OS snapshot: - G:\IT\IT Support Group\Development\SOE\SOE_DEV\MSI packages\Windows XP Professional 2.osc

OS snapshot importation of file information in progress.
OS snapshot importation of INI file information in progress.
OS snapshot importation of shortcut information in progress.

OS snapshot importation canceled by the user.

and no data ends up in the catalog. 😞
(3) Replies
is this still a issue with you? let me know if you see a log file being generated in the same folder as iscmide.exe. if yes, can you attach it over here?

thanks.
GogiGrewal wrote:
is this still a issue with you? let me know if you see a log file being generated in the same folder as iscmide.exe. if yes, can you attach it over here?

thanks.

No, actually I found out why it was failing. The snapshot was taken with a user who had limited priviledges under the system being snapshotted.

I am not happy about the misleading way it 'handled' this problem i.e. by claiming the import process was cancelled. Presumably it was more like it encountered an unexpected end-of-file or something, due to the underpriviledged user not being able to collect all the needed data (although the snapshot process reported no errors either)

Still, by logging in as Admin to do the snapshot, it is now working. I have a successfully imported snapshot of the system.
Thanks for the input. Let me see what can be done to incorporate a more specific feedback message.