cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trial Ver/License Upgrade

Good morning, all ... New to the forum here and now have some experience at the game of packaging. I've been digging through some of the docs, but haven't found a precise answer to my question yet. My question is this: We were running a trial version of AdminStudio 7 to begin the packaging process. We now have a valid license key and have activated AS7. What must be done to the .MSI's we have already created? Open them and save them again? Nothing? Repackage our setups from scratch?

Any info would be appreciated. I'm sure the answer is out there somewhere, I've just not had the proper amount of coffee to find it yet.

Thanks,

Shane
(2) Replies
Hi Shane,

The only thing you might want to look at are setups that you've build which include a setup.exe. I recall...though my recollection is not what it used to be...that the setup.exe will contain an evaluation watermark. To get rid of that, all you have to do is rebuild the setup from the InstallShield project file. (*.ism)

This is the only place in the product where the evaluation differs from the paid edition. So if you didn't use a setup.exe then you shouldn't have to do anything.

David
Thanks for the response. I'm actually pretty surprised that there is nothing I have to do. As I recall with Wise (AdminStudio is far superior) when you installed an MSI you created with their evaluation it said on the Control Panel Add/Remove screen that it was created with an eval. I think there were a few watermarks on the installer as well. Of course using MSIEXEC with [/qn] you'd not see that. I've gone through and opened some of them, and resaved them just to be on the safe side. If anyone else has any thoughts and/or suggestions I'll be happy to hear them.

Shane