Setups Conflicts

CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
hie !

I repackaged successfully Oracle Client 8.1.7 setup . Actually i

want to run two setups simultaneously and i want to execute

both setups under

C:\Documents and Settings\ sql \ MyDocuments\MySetups\OracleSetup\Product Configuration 2
\Release 1\DiskImages\Disk1\Setup.exe

instead of Repackager Setup.exe.

I want to ask you urgently what i can do for accomplish my task.

One more Question i would like to ask you that how i can repackaged 2 setups at a time,my one setup is Oracle Client that i have repackaged successfully and another setup is MSI application and how i can execute both setups from one InstallShield Developer Setup.exe file.(Important)

Finally , how i can open *.inc file in Developer. Should i need to open this file in developer and build in developer please guide me the right way.

This is very urgent issue.I hope very much that you will help me as soon as possible.

Thanx Very Much !
(1) Reply
hmm, I personally wouldn't ever repackage an MSI, it causes lots of issues that are hard to resolve. probably an easier method is to repack the first application. then in the new msi create a custom action that starts the second msi from the same directory. It is fairly easy to do and works pretty much all the time (although i did have some problems if I wanted to start the second MSI silently with many command line variables defined. Still, it works.