cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Self-repair repair "My pictures" folder

hello,

The folder "My pictures" is deleted on our workstation.

When an application repair, it re-create automaticly "My pictures" folder.

Have someone some information about this particularity ?

(it work for each application, microsoft or not)
(7) Replies
carottette wrote:
hello,

The folder "My pictures" is deleted on our workstation.

When an application repair, it re-create automaticly "My pictures" folder.

Have someone some information about this particularity ?

(it work for each application, microsoft or not)

You'll need to delete the MyPicturesFolder from the Directory-table or change it's location in the registery.
I searched every occurence of "pictures" in direct editor, delete the field from the directory table, this was the only one occurence in the table.

I can't change the location of "my pictures", because my client wants it removed.

I think it repair the folder because of the sequence which search all variables necessary for the installation, "mypicturesfolder" include... and repair it. there is no more information in the log. it may be an intern mechanism of windows ???
carottette wrote:
I searched every occurence of "pictures" in direct editor, delete the field from the directory table, this was the only one occurence in the table.

I can't change the location of "my pictures", because my client wants it removed.

I think it repair the folder because of the sequence which search all variables necessary for the installation, "mypicturesfolder" include... and repair it. there is no more information in the log. it may be an intern mechanism of windows ???

The location of MyPicture is stored in the registry:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders.

If you change it there, you'll never see it again on the machine (for that user anyway).
I tried it too without sucess... I've deleted the key, changed it but "my pictures" is still there (or in the new location choosen)... (for the same user).
You need to make sure the new location is My Documents or some other folder that already exists.
I 've done exactly what you said, windows Installer changes my registry key to %USERPROFILE%\my documents\My pictures and re-create this f... folder.
I think it's really impossible to delete it.......... 😞
Thanks for all, and if you've got another idea this wouldbe welcomed...