cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMS Web Console

I have a problem with getting SMS web console to function like it should. In advertisments page i can't browse for collection. If i do browse the application just returns an error, like below:

Error Text:

Application Error donderdag 19 mei 2005
The page experienced a problem

The page experienced a problem that it could not recover from. Please report this error to support personnel so they can diagnose the problem.

Go back to the previous page
Get help on using SMS Web Console

Plz help, getting deperate here.
(16) Replies
Log file in ..\Program Files\InstallShield\AdminStudio\6.0\ASDistribution\log:

8:09 :: Verbose: Entered in Connect() of SMSConfigure.cs
8:11 :: Error: Exception:Thread was being aborted. in BrowseChildrenofParentCollection() of SMSConfigure.cs
8:11 :: Error: Exception:Thread was being aborted. in BrowseChildrenofParentCollection() of SMSConfigure.cs
8:11 :: Error: Exception:Thread was being aborted. occurred in BrowseCollections() of SMSConfigure.cs
8:11 :: Error: Exception:Thread was being aborted. in LoadCollections() of SMSCollBrowse.aspx.cs
Any resolution to this?
I am experiencing the same problem.

I am adding a screenshot to give a better idea of the error I am getting.
Hi folks,
Aside from the question regarding the issue of not being able to get to the Collections page, I was wondering if anyone else is actually using AdminStudio 6 Pro and what other issues they've encountered.
I would be interested in knowing how you got it setup, (on your site server, separate system?) and how you plan to actually use it.

Any input at all would be great....
Almost 3,000 views and NOBODY has an answer to this!?
I'm more than just a little disappointed here....actually getting quite discouraged with this product.
Looking at the error posted above (Thread being aborted) it seems that something is timing out, and this might happen if the Collections tree is a big one with lots of recursion going on.

Check the Web.config under ASDistribution folder, and look for TimeOut property for sessionState tag. Try bumping it to a higher value, reset IIS and try again.

HTH !

-Gogi
Thanks !!
I'll give that a shot.
If it works, I'll post results.
Hi Dan;
Did you have any updates on this one?

Thanks
Gogi
I followed the suggestion above, but can't quite get to the point where I can actually test it.

When I try to connect to my application catalog I get the following:

Connection Failed : Cannot start your application. The workgroup information file is missing or opened exclusively by another user.

I can't seem to get around this......any thoughts?
Hi Dan;
Seems you are connecting to an MS Access File. Can you open the MS ACCESS file directly in MS Access? Looks like a permissions issue. Also can you add ASPNET user in permissions for this file?

-Ravneet
Can run Access, ASP.Net is registered, Network Service account is all set.
Just can't seem to connect to the database...this is a real head scratcher.

Do you know of any white-papers or walk-thru sheets for setting this up? Maybe I'm missing some steps that I'm not aware of here. I'm scheduled for the AdminStudio training class in December, but I can't wait that long to get the SMS Web portion of this setup.
OK...
After finally overcoming several other obstacles, I got to the point where I could try this again.
When attempting to Browse Collections, the following message appears.
(See attachement)
I have set the TimeOut property in the Web.config file to 520 (this number was originally 20 and I gradually brought it up as I attempted to get this to work) I restarted IIS and went through the steps again to create an advertisement. WHen browsing for Collections, it just hangs on the page and then spits out the error.
Anybody know of any other ideas? :confused: My SMS Collections are not unusually large and my site is otherwise functioning fine.
Right now I am SOL with this as the whole purpose for spending 15 large on AdminStudio was to be able to use the SMS Web Console.
Hi Dan;
I am working on this issue to reproduce it in here, and once I do that, I will send you an updated dll that might be needed to be replaced on your system.

Right now I can see that this is a problem where the code goes into a simple recursion to form the tree for collections. I might alter the way it handles this recursion and lets see if that helps your scenario.

Give me a day and I will try to post something by end of day tommorow, if everything goes smoothly.

Thanks
-Ravneet
That would be awesome .......Thanks! 🙂
Hi Gogi,
Any luck with this yet?
If you have a DLL that think may fix it, and you have not had time to test it,
you can send it over to me and I will try it out.
I'm getting kind of desperate. 😮
Hi folks,
This continues to be a problem. 😞
I am totally SOL here. Can't do anything at all with the SMS Web Console until this is fixed. Macrovisons support engineers are working on this, but can't seem to figure it out.
If anybody has any ideas or suggestions here, I would be enternally grateful.
I upgraded to AS 7 on the advice of MV support, but still get the same error when browsing collections.
Does anyone know if there are any limits or restrictions on the size/amount of collections in SMS when dealing with the AS SMS Web Console?
There must be some kind of solution for this out there somewhere.