cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repost: Third party setup exe question

I am reposting this here since it might relate to somone in the repackaging world:
I have to call a products install which was packaged using Ghost install. I see a lot of griping around these boards about lack of documentation, try using their site! Anyway, I need to silently install/uninstall this third party product, but when I run it silently it prompts for a reboot. I tried adding "REBOOT=ReallySuppress" (no quotes) to the command line, but I assume that is only valid when calling an IS setup.exe? Does anyone have any experience working with Ghost installers and have an idea of command line params that I might use to do this?
(2) Replies
The REBOOT=R property setting is used/supported by Windows Installer, so it should work for any installation that uses MSI...
Robert,
Thanks for the reply. I think that the root of the issue here is that Ghost isn't msi based. I am down to 2 ways of getting this working:
1) Put in a request to the third party asking them to change their installation method to msi
2) Load up the evaluation copy of AdminStudio, prove that I can get it to work by repackaging, and then sell the decision makers on the fact that we could use the product for a number of our projects.