cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repackaging Wizard - Installation Monitoring Failing

Hello,

I've been using the Adminstudio 8.0 Repackaging Wizard Single Step Snapshot repackaging method remotely on W2K SP4 machines for a few weeks w/o problem. My collegue told me to try the installation monitoring on an XP machine and it was much faster than the snap shot.

When I try to use the installation monitoring repackaging method on our W2K SP4 test machines I get the following error:

InjectLibrary failed LastError=5

Has anyone seen this? All help appreciated.

Thanks.
(4) Replies
For what it's worth...

I'm not sure if this will help you out or not, but Installation Monitoring seems to use a bit more memory than Snapshot. This could be as simple as memory issue.

Cheers...
jtsampson wrote:
Hello,

I've been using the Adminstudio 8.0 Repackaging Wizard Single Step Snapshot repackaging method remotely on W2K SP4 machines for a few weeks w/o problem. My collegue told me to try the installation monitoring on an XP machine and it was much faster than the snap shot.

When I try to use the installation monitoring repackaging method on our W2K SP4 test machines I get the following error:

InjectLibrary failed LastError=5

Has anyone seen this? All help appreciated.

Thanks.

I'm seeing this in my new v8.5 adminstudio environment, while trying to run the installation monitoring process. Snapshot works just fine. I was able to re-produce the errors on multiple teammates workstations as well.

I'll keep trying to research the error and try and contact Macrovision.
Has there been any progress on this?

I'm getting the same error on a Virtual Machine with 1GB of RAM running XP SP2.

Snapshot works for me too.

Neil.
Try shutting your machine down and restarting, quit any unnecessary applications, and try again. I've seen this make a difference. If Installation Monitoring works--you may want to consider more memory.