cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repackager problems - keys in standard.nir are not found in the final build

Hello

I have recently realized the problem with a repackage I am working on is because a lot of entries are missing. I used repackager (InstallShield 11.5/AdminStudio 7.5) in a two step snapshot and this generated a big standard.nir, and after cleaning a few minor things with that I built my ISM and all seemed fine except the final package will not work. If I export the HKCR keys from the final package, even if unattended the size is much smaller than if I save only the HKCR keys from the Standard.nir. It took a few minutes but I eventually confirmed my suspicious by comparing a few random keys and found several that were definitely missing.

Does anyone know why some entries would be missing from HKCR that were originally in the Standard.nir, when I never excluded anything from HKCR?

As for a work around I think I will attempt to re-import the HKCR keys copied manually from the standard.nir file, but would still like to know why this is happening.:confused:

Thank you
(1) Reply
Hi There,

You might be getting some things confused during the conversion process via the default setting to map Registry data to the COM and ODBC tables. It's worth checking, at least.

Repackaged output -> Advanced Settings -> Component settings

...Or you can also post some of the entries that aren't making it over. That might also tell us more about what you're seeing.

If you can export from the *.ism you can use something like BeyondCompare or CSDiff to compare the *.nir against the *.reg export (the *.nir is just a *.reg file internally).