Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repackager not identifying some files added

CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
Hi everyone,

I'm having a problem where Repackager is not identifying all changed/added files. The files I've noticed so far are in the Fonts folder (but there could be others). I've checked the exclusion list over and over again, and they are not excluded! The registry data for the fonts ia correct (which is how I noticed it in the first place).

Has anyone else come across a similar problem/know of a fix?

TIA

Nigel
(7) Replies
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
Nigel,

I feel your pain... only exacerbated by the lack of replies to your original request!

Packaging Office 97 for WTS, the repackager does not include the new font files that Office installs.

In the Files section of the Author, the fonts installed are not listed (although some registry entries DO exist for them). Funny thing is, when I create the .msi and re-install it on a clean system - the font files transiently appear in the C:\wtsrv\fonts directory (although you cannot right-click them and get properties - 'file missing'). Upon reboot, they have disappeared.

As always, any help much appreciated,

stillstuckinluton
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
Hi stuckinluton,

Yes, with the lack of replies I _was_ beginning to wonder if it was my imagination, so I raised a support call with InstallShield. Turns out that this is a bug in AdminStudio 3.01, and it only affects fonts. It works OK in 3.5, which is apparrently still in beta at the moment. Seeing as I'm repackaging for a production system, I didn't bother trying it...!

In the end I worked around this by using the information in the registry to identify the fonts that were installed, then manually creating components for them and adding these to features in the setup design.

I have to say that I find it amazing that a product that costs this much money can get to version 3.01 with such a fundamental bug going apparrently unnoticed! And have you ever tried ConfilctSolver and/or OS Snapshot? Don't get me started on that! Aargh!

Hope this helps!

Nigel
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
Nigel,

Bugs like this fixed in 3.5 beta? My experience would suggest otherwise. It's very fond of '*** Error: An unknown error occurred' and then completely giving up the goat. Nothing like having to trawl through thousands of lines of registry data to find where it's messed it all up to ruin your day.

I no longer have the energy.

stillstuckinluton
We did identify the issues that are being reported here and the issues are fixed in AdminStudio 3.5.

Let us know if this is still an issue once you have had a chance to evaluate the latest version.
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
We have used 3.5 & 5.01 Vp1 with various exclusion options and cannot get the repackager to capture a *.ttf file in the c:\windows\fonts directory - windows 2000 Service pack 3 - only its associated registry entries.

This is a problem and, by the length of time its been going on for, it seems that more information is required as to when this problem will be fixed.

If this problem has been fixed please advise what we can do to benefit from this fix as no amount of changing the exlusion list appears to work.

CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
FYI

This has been acknowledged as a bug in 5.5 and has a work order associated with it. I don't know what the timeframe is for the release yet.