cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repackager -buildonly option doesn't work?

I'm running Admin Studio 2013 R2 Repackager remotely. I'm trying to get it to skip the installation monitoring step and just build the ism and msi.
My command line is:
\\Server\RepkgShare$\repack.exe -b "path where ism should be created" -o "path to .inc, .irp" "product name"
It acts exactly as if I didn't give it any options: asks for monitoring method, installer exe location, then starts the install.

Is this no longer an option?
Rob
(7) Replies
I think the problem is that Repack (the Wizard) can't launch Islc.exe (the Repackager) remotely, which is what does the building. When the Wizard gets to its Summary screen and I click Finish, the Repackager doesn't launch; the Wizard just quits.

When I launch Islc from a shortcut, it thinks it is an evaluation version, and warns me of the days remaining, even though it is running on the remote server.

Anyone at Flexera have any ideas?
thanks, Rob
Alpesh
By
Flexera Alumni
Hi Rob,

Instead of -b and -buildonly, try using the -aacb and -aacbuildonly options respectively, and check if you get the desired outcome.

Thanks,
Alpesh
Thanks for your reply and suggestion, Alpesh, but it produced the same results.

Here's the command line from my batchfile:
\\server\Repackager$\Repack.exe -aacb "C:\Packages\%ProdFolder%\Workspace\%ISMName%" -o "C:\Packages\%ProdFolder%\Workspace" -pp %ProdName% -aacbuildonly

User supplies the folder, the ism name and the product name to the batchfile.

Rob
The -aacbuildonly and -aacb options do work. I have made heavy use of them in AdminStudio 2013 R2 SP1. See the following KB article on how to use them:
http://flexerasoftware.force.com/articles/en_US/INFO/Using-Repackager-Command-line-options-to-build-ism-and-msi-from-existing-irp-file
flexerasoftware.force.com/articles/en_US/INFO/Using-Repackager-Command-line-options-to-build-ism-and-msi-from-existing-irp-file

Be careful about putting double quotes around parameters that contain spaces.
Not sure what I'm doing differently from you, but it is still not working. I read the KB, and it's the same info you gave me. I used the new options, in the same order.
It may have something to do with the way I'm running repack remotely. How do you structure your environment to run remotely?
thanks, Rob
RobFlum wrote:
Not sure what I'm doing differently from you, but it is still not working. I read the KB, and it's the same info you gave me. I used the new options, in the same order.
It may have something to do with the way I'm running repack remotely. How do you structure your environment to run remotely?
thanks, Rob

That's probably the issue. I'm only capturing remotely. I'm performing the build on an AdminStudio Client Tools machine.
Update: Nope. I just ran a test using Repack.exe remotely from a 100% clean Windows 7 Enterprise x64 SP1 machine and it worked fine. So I'm not sure what is happening in your case, but it's not because of Repack.exe being called remotely.

Be sure that you're on build 1053 (AdminStudio 2013 R2 SP1).
Just as a sanity check on the syntax, here's an example of the command line that I use to build the package:

Repack.exe -aacb "C:\Packages\Test1\Package\Test1.ism" -o "C:\Packages\Test1\Capture" -pp "Test Name 1" -aacbuildonly -sb

This results in an unattended build of the .ism (and the .msi, provided that Options.ini instructs it to create the .msi). A small dialog is displayed during the build, but it's 100% unattended.