cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repackager Error: The InstallShield build engine cannot be initialized

Repackager Error: The InstallShield build engine cannot be initialized and thus, we cannot build MSI files. Please reinstall the product.

I recently installed AdminStudio 2016 on Windows 10. Repackager not able to build msi and produces this error.

Please advise.

Thanks,
(2) Replies
From where are you trying to run InstallShield? I know you get this error when you try to run it on the same machine as you used repackager on.
Best practise: make a virtual machine, make a shortcut to your host which have repackager installed...

Knut
Knut A Henrikse wrote:
From where are you trying to run InstallShield? I know you get this error when you try to run it on the same machine as you used repackager on.
Best practise: make a virtual machine, make a shortcut to your host which have repackager installed...

Knut

I am having this same issue. I have 2 virtual machines. The first virtual machine is called AdminStudio and this is the remote location. I have a Win 10 snapshot machine I run the repackager on from the AdminStudio. I am getting this same error when I try to build the MSI.