cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Registration is major pain in the *ss

We have bought the software like two weeks ago. So we read the manual - registered the software first (as requested it on the flyer that was with it) and the installed the software and then try to activate it through the internet - and it tells me : invalid registration number

Quess what ! - I am still in the progress of registration !!! - after two weeks I still do not have an activated AdminStudio 7.

So then we tried the mail registration option. Send then the request code today and maye tomorrow you will get the activation code - fill that in and then Adminstudio configures some things and then needs to reboot the system to implement the changes... oke after reboot what do I get when I start up the application: Please activate your software !!!

and each time the request code changes and I already have send like 10 request to them.

This is one MAJOR crappy registration

Just wanted to get this of my chest ! 😞
(5) Replies
Every time I start Admin Studio it asks me to register it. I have done this 4 times now. Just wondering if anyone know a fix\workaround.
We have seen a couple of reports of this kind thing happening. For the people that have experienced this problem they have been able to resolve it by simply utilizing new serial number. In order to get a new serial number, please contact product support or if you don't have a support contract contact your sales consultant. They will be able to disable the existing serial number and generate a new one for you.
Have you tried registering first thru http://support.installshield.com/register/

after this , I haven't had any trouble getting the serial registrated.

Jeroen Braak

www.pds-site.com
David Thornley wrote:
We have seen a couple of reports of this kind thing happening. For the people that have experienced this problem they have been able to resolve it by simply utilizing new serial number. In order to get a new serial number, please contact product support or if you don't have a support contract contact your sales consultant. They will be able to disable the existing serial number and generate a new one for you.

How do you contact them ?
jaybee96 wrote:
Have you tried registering first thru http://support.installshield.com/register/

after this , I haven't had any trouble getting the serial registrated.

Jeroen Braak

www.pds-site.com

With the software came a booklet telling to do this first and I did and then install teh software. The support team is tellingme that the serial is already registerd.. I have no idea why they donot recreate or delete the profile ! :confused: