cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about removing a computer from a security group

We are using AdminStudio Professional 6.0

We are deploying software via Active Directory and group policy in a windows xp and windows 2003 server environment.

We have created 2 software application groups:

1. SG APP DM with Active Integration

2. SG APP DM without Active Integration

In each group are computer machine names eg DWTING3

We are deploying computer based software:

DM with Active Integration -----> is deployed to the computer machine names in the group SG APP DM with Active Integration.

DM without Active Integration -----> is deployed to the computer machine names in the group SG APP DM without Active Integration.

Our user DWTING3 was originally placed into group #2 - SG APP DM without Active Integration.

My question:

If I remove the computer machine name DWTING3 from the SG APP DM without Active Integration group and place that machine name ie DWTING3 into the group SG APP DM with Active Integration will the following happen. In other words this is what I want to happen:

1. The DM without Active Integration software will be automatically removed from the DWTING3 machine next system reboot and the new DM with Active Integration software will be "pushed" by Active Directory to the newly placed DWTING3 in the group SG APP DM with Active Integration upon next reboot.

Is this the way this is supposed to work? If not, how can I get it to work this way if at all possible.
(1) Reply
Your query does not seem to be related with InstallShield et al.

May be, you can start here with your queries: http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windows.server.active_directory