cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Palm desktop 4.1

Has anyone run into the issue of the palm desktop software insisting on reinstalling itself (self heal) at login? I have tried to solve this by removing and replacing the reg keys here: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\” with “HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\ and here HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\” -> vendor with “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\ then deleting the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\ folder. I did the replacement by first exporting the reg folders to a .reg file, then doing a find and replace for the keys mentioned above. I then installed the software on a fresh image, applied the modified reg file then built the .msi file.

What am I doing wrong here? Does the msi require further editing to get it to install correctly? many thanks in advance.
(1) Reply
what you are doing wrong here is changing HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\” -> vendor with “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\

all the other changes are fine.

The problem is that the other keys are for Windows to use, wheras the keys above are managed by the software.

If the palm desktop does not see the HKCU\Software entried then it refuses to work.

You must use the self-repair functionality to get the palm desktop to work.

looeee