cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newbie question about packaging application files

I've been trying to package an application called Primavera for the past couple of days with AdminStudio and not having much luck.

Seems to be creating the MSI package ok, but after I install the MSI package on my test workstation, then attempt to run the application, it fails and starts to look for files in the original directory structure of the application.

Do I need to "inject" these application files into the MSI package? Shouldn't this be done automatically, or better yet, am I just missing the obvious step? How do I get these files into the MSI package?

Thanks in advance!

scottdorsett
(2) Replies
Hi Scott,

original directory structure

these application files

could you explain what you've done?

have you moved files, deleted files?

looeee
Thanks for your reply.

Here's what I've done;

I have my Production workstation, which has a standalone version of the Repackager installed. On this, I'm sharing the C:\Program Files\InstallShield\Repackager directory
I'm also sharing the C:\Packages directory.

On my Clean workstation, I'm mapping drives to the two shared directories on my Production workstation.

On my Clean workstation, I fire off Repackager, which has me start up the application I'm attempting to repackage (Primavera). I go through the steps to complete the installation of Primavera.
Once complete, I click Process and create output files.
I then click Build and generate the MSI.
When I go to test the MSI on another completely clean workstation, it tells me that it can't find x:\apps\primavera\filename.dll
This is the network drive that I installed the application from on my original Clean workstation.
I've done this about seven times now, so at least I'm consistant.
I've got to be leaving out a step or missing something obvious, I just don't know where it is.
Any help is greatly appreciated!